Elevate Your Self-Care Routine with CBD Bath Salts: Exploring Their Benefits and Applications
Ever had a rough day, done a ton of exercise or gardening, or even moved house, and thought that the solution to all your aches and pains is a nice hot bath? There really is nothing like a hot bath to soak away daily stresses, aches and pains, or even just for general relaxation and wellbeing.
What if we added another known stress, pain and general wellbeing aid to the rejuvenating power of baths? Enter bath salts. Bath salts have a long history in making a regular bath even more luxurious and therapeutic.
But what if we could do even better than the therapeutic benefits of bathing and bath salts by adding in CBD?
In this blog, we’ll explore Down To Earth’s two types of bath salts, their benefits and their practical applications to elevate your self-care routine.
What Are CBD Bath Salts?
CBD bath salts are a fusion of traditional bath salts and cannabidiol (CBD), a non-intoxicating compound derived from the cannabis plant. These salts often include a blend of Epsom salt and/or Himalayan/sea salt, essential oils and CBD extract, creating an opulent concoction designed to provide a spa-like experience from the comfort of your own home.
Down To Earth’s CBD Bath Salts
At Down to Earth, we offer two sumptuous and luscious bath salts.
With full-spectrum CBD, Himalayan and Dead Sea salt, zesty lemongrass, exotic cedarwood and calming neroli, our Sunrise CBD Bath Salt helps you soak any tension and aches away while invigorating and stimulating your senses, leaving you ready to seize the day ahead.
After a long day, our Sunset CBD Bath Salt will leave you in nighttime nirvana. With full-spectrum CBD, Dead Sea salt, Epsom salts, calming lavender, soothing clove and relaxing neroli, your nighttime soak will leave you feeling soothed and calm, ready for a refreshing night’s sleep.
How Do CBD Bath Salts Work?
Adding CBD to bath salts injects even more therapeutic benefits into bathing. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), influencing various physiological processes such as mood, stress response and inflammation.
When added to bath water, CBD bath salts dissolve, releasing their beneficial components into the water. As you soak in the bath, your skin absorbs these, aiding in muscle relaxation, relief from aches and pains, stress reduction and skin nourishment.
Benefits Of Using Bath Salts
Bath salts help relax muscles and reduce tension. This can be particularly beneficial after a strenuous workout, after a stressful day at the office or for relief from conditions such as arthritis.
CBD’s potential to modulate stress response, combined with the calming effects of a warm bath, creates an environment conducive to stress relief. The sensory experience of soaking in CBD bath salts can promote relaxation and tranquillity.
Himalayan salt, with its unique mineral composition, may contribute to skin hydration and detoxification. The addition of essential oils in Down To Earth’s CBD bath salts further enhances skin nourishment, leaving it feeling soft and revitalised.
The relaxation induced by CBD bath salts may support better sleep quality. A calming bath before bedtime can be a valuable part of a sleep hygiene routine. Add in the known de-stressing and sleep-enhancing benefits of CBD and you have a potent recipe for a good night’s shut eye.
How To Use Bath Salts
Incorporating CBD bath salts into your self-care routine is easy. Follow these steps for an optimal experience:
- Fill your tub: start by running a warm bath. The temperature should be comfortable for soaking and relaxing.
- Add Down To Earth’s CBD bath salts: once the tub is filled, add the recommended amount of CBD bath salts.
- Soak and relax: gently plunge yourself into the bath and allow the CBD bath salts to dissolve.
- Duration: aim for a bath of at least 15–30 minutes to experience the full benefits. But remember, longer soaks may lead to dehydration, so be sure you drink plenty of water, or even have a herbal tea with Down To Earth’s CBeeD honey to really get into the relaxation zone!
- Rinse off: after soaking, rinse off in a lukewarm shower to remove any residual salts. Pat your skin dry, then continue enjoying feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Precautions While Using CBD Bath Salts
While CBD bath salts offer numerous benefits, it’s important to consider some precautions:
- Individual sensitivity: individuals may react differently to CBD, so it’s advisable to perform a patch test before using CBD bath salts extensively.
- Product quality: choose high-quality CBD bath salts from reputable sources to ensure purity and effectiveness. At Down To Earth, we only offer premium CBD products using CBD extracted from cannabis grown in the USA and we publish our independent, third-party lab reports on our website.
- Consultation: if you have any health conditions or take medication, consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating warm or hot baths, or CBD products, into your routine.
By adding CBD bath salts to your routine, you can turbocharge the relaxing and rejuvenating effects of bathing and bath salts. What are you waiting for? Give the gift of wellness to yourself or to a loved one with one of Down To Earth’s luxurious CBD bath salts.
And remember, if you have any questions, get in touch with one of our friendly team members – we’re here to help!