Intuitive Eating: What Is It, and How Can Full Spectrum CBD Oil Help?
A spoon here, a fork there. Oops, was that your plate? For many, the subject of nutrition often means a loss of control. Let’s be honest: what did you eat today? And how much of that was uncontrolled? Take a moment and have a think before you read the next paragraph.
If you’re struggling with binge eating and cravings, then ‘intuitive eating’ could be just the thing for you. While the term was coined in the ‘90s, it’s a philosophy that has its roots in the ‘70s and is about learning to listen to your own body and regulate meals more precisely. And, guess what? Cannabidiol, or CBD for short, can help you with this.
5 Important Principles of Intuitive Eating
Before we dive into the benefits of full spectrum CBD oil for weight control and dieting, let’s look further into intuitive eating.
- Diversity: this applies not only to everyday life, but also to nutrition! Everything you eat should be treated the same –because there is no such thing as good or bad food!
- Pay attention to your feelings of hunger and fullness. Eat something when you’re really hungry. Stop the moment you feel full. It sounds simple, but this practise helps better attune you to your body and prevent overeating.
- Eating when you feel peckish is a ‘no’! Before eating, always ask yourself: do I really need this? Am I just eating for the sake of it? Am I simply bored?
- What foods are good for you? Only your body has the answer. Listen to it! After eating, pay attention to how you feel. Did the last thing you ate go down well? Did it give you more energy, or did it make you sluggish?
- Enjoyment is in the foreground when eating. Eat with no regrets or a guilty conscience. Take enough time every time, even on stressful days –and enjoy! You leave remorse and feelings of guilt behind you with intuitive eating.
What Does Intuitive Eating Bring?
What do I have for breakfast tomorrow? Is a pizza okay for my lunch break?
For many in Australia, the topic of nutrition is a painful focal point of everyday life. If you fall into this category, you’re not alone. Census data shows that 2 in 3 Australians aged 18 and over are overweight or obese. But it doesn’t have to be this way, and improving your weight doesn’t have to be a painstaking process counting calories!
Rather than seeing eating as a negative that must be monitored and controlled, intuitive eating is all about moving the subject of nutrition out of the spotlight. It’s about listening to your body more closely, rather than controlling it. It’s about being in touch with yourself.
Just think about the last time you binged on something. How did your stomach feel afterwards? Bloated? Crampy? Was it pleasant? Your body is talking to you here, you just need to listen.
Intuitive eating is about being relaxed about what and how you’re eating by being more in tune with your body. As you progress on this path and see the results, that newfound satisfaction will eventually affect your mental health as well.
Effects of Intuitive Eating
An intuitive diet can have a positive effect on your body and your psyche. Many report the following benefits:
- Less binge eating and reduced feelings of hunger
- More energy for everyday life
- Better self-esteem
- High psychological resilience
Intuitive Eating and Full Spectrum CBD Oil
Whether intuitive eating appeals to you, you’re on another kind of diet, or you simply want to lose some weight and curb food cravings, CBD oil can help.
Research has shown that CBD oil helps control body weight in a number of ways:
- Reduces appetite
- Turns bad fat into good fat
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of cholesterol
Yep, and there are peer-reviewed studies that back up each of those claims!
The research shows that CBD oil can indeed help with dieting, that’s a fact. In our opinion, though, intuitive eating is a philosophy we really like, too. Mother nature tends to know best and getting more attuned to our bodies is never a bad thing.
Make sure whomever you buy your CBD oil online from shows that their products have been tested by independent labs and have certificates of analysis, like ours do here. That way, you know exactly what you’re getting in terms of potency, purity, and quality. As always, talk to your health professional before starting any new supplements, too.
Have you tried intuitive eating? What about using CBD oil to help with dieting? We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line in the comments, or feel free to ask questions by emailing us here. We love helping people on their wellness journeys.