How Does CBD Work in Men and Women?
Men and women are unique in many ways. But does that also mean that cannabidiol (CBD) affects women and men differently? Both genders buy our CBD oil online in Australia and report that the products work for them, so…?
In this article, we’ll explore this question below.
How Does CBD Work in General?
CBD interacts with what’s known as ‘the endocannabinoid system (ECS)’. How exactly does this interaction work in the human body? Science isn’t yet unanimous about this. But what’s clear is that this ECS is responsible for a variety of important functions in our body – including metabolism and hormone balance. It’s therefore obvious that CBD works differently in female and male bodies. After all, there’re big differences in metabolism and hormone balance depending on gender.
We also know that factors such as body weight, age, shape, or height can also influence the effects of CBD. However, it’s all about the dosage; the health benefits of CBD are basically possible for everyone. Whether it’s stress relief, pain management, or improving sleep quality (read more about CBD and stress, pain, and sleep).
Important: The science of CBD is still in its infancy. While there’re already some promising studies on CBD in different contexts, more research is definitely needed. You should always keep that in mind when we talk about possible benefits.
Women and CBD
CBD for women is generally stronger than for men. This’s probably mainly due to the smaller body size and the lower weight. Women usually need a lower dose than men to feel the same effects.
In addition, the following features can be noted:
- The female hormone balance causes cannabidiol to be processed differently in the female body. Women usually react most strongly to CBD one or two days before ovulation.
- High estrogen levels in women can cause mood swings and other emotional responses. CBD and other endocannabinoids affect estrogen production and may therefore help stabilize typical mood swings in women.
- CBD in women could provide effective relief from Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and relieve menopause symptoms (Read about CBD and Menopause here). CBD may help reduce cramps, bloating, and inflammation, and increase well-being.
- CBD is used widely as a topical treatment. According to a study published in the journal Fitoterapia in 2010, CBD has potent anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, theoretically speaking, it may make sex easier and more comfortable. Yet, there’re no studies made on CBD and lubrication.
Many of our customers are women and almost of them reported that buying CBD oil online in Australia from our store was the right choice. Our products helped many women to solve their health problems. You can see our reviews here.
CBD in Men
Compared to women, men usually need a higher dose of CBD. Studies have also found that CBD can help increase testosterone and libido because it interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in testicular tissue. However, studies also show that the increase in testosterone usually only increases for a short time and then levels off.
CBD benefits for men include:
- Sexual Anxiety: Some men suffer from what’s known as “sexual performance anxiety”. This condition prevents them from having satisfactory sexual intercourse.
According to a study published in the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association in 2020, CBD may show promising results in treating sexual performance anxiety among other types of anxiety disorders. Another 2019 study found that men who take between 300 to 600 mg of CBD had lower anxiety symptoms including sexual performance anxiety. Therefore, CBD products may be beneficial for this issue among men.
- Low Sex Drive: A 2017 study found that CBD can activate certain brain areas responsible for sexual arousal. Therefore, CBD can be used to enhance libido in people suffering from low sex drive.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): A 2014 study suggested that CBD can be used to improve ejaculatory and sexual performance problems. According to this study, CBD can enhance the penile blood flow, which may help in treating erectile dysfunction and promoting longer-lasting sexual intercourse.
By the way: According to a Brazilian study from 2019, CBD could have an adverse effect on male fertility and reduce the production of testosterone and sperm. However, this study was conducted in mice, and it’s unclear whether these findings also apply to humans.
Many of our customers are, of course, men. Some have reported that buying our CBD oil online in Australia helped them to decrease their stress and anxiety levels including sexual performance anxiety.
So, we can say that the benefits of CBD oil don’t depend on gender. However, CBD works a little differently in the female body and can be used in different ways (for example for PMS) because hormones in women fluctuate regularly. Men, on the other hand, usually need a higher dose – but can use CBD just like women to relieve pain, promote sleep or reduce inflammation.
If you want to try CBD for yourself, you should rely on a reputable online brand with proven high quality. Also, it’s best to consult your healthcare provider before trying CBD products.
At Down To Earth, you’ll find a large selection of CBD products for a wide variety of purposes. Our CBD products are the most popular in Australia because we provide our customers with pure, high-quality products. All our products are tested by independent, third-party labs to ensure their safety and quality. Check the report here.
Of course, if you’ve any questions, you can either leave a comment or contact us. We’ll provide you with all the information you need about CBD oil, hemp, and all related topics on this front. J